Welcome, introduction & course aims
Our online learning includes numerous types of media that deliver text, audio, images, animation, and streaming video. The online learning allows for self-paced asynchronous learning prior to the practical training an assessment module.
This computer based training is suited to the long distance learner; with facilitators to help you at every step to assist your learning process without disruption to your day to day responsibilities.
In using this format of training most of your tests are multiple choice and are scored by the computer, therefore gaining instant feedback of your progress. Our facilitators will also provide assistance and feedback on your progress where relevant to ensure the content is understood for real life implementation.
Our in-built messaging system button is accessible at the top of each lesson, this allows for direct communication with your facilitator during the training course. There is also the added option for Skype communication support, please message us if you choose to use this method.
Once the online content has been completed you will need to book your regional upgrade/add-on in order to completed your training as an MMO.
If you have any questions regarding the course please contact us prior to registering.
Please note, we can not solve any issues that you have with your own personal computers/Laptops/tablets.
- Android phones and iphones will not work with this course as the training material images will be too small to view
- At the end of each session/day you MUST log out, and log back in at the start of each day, your login times are recorded on the system and the times are added to your overall competence
- You Must click only ONCE on the green complete quiz button, if you click more than once numerous quizzes will be sent to the system and only one is marked, therefore the system will lock you out until all quizzes have been reviewed
- If you fail the Quiz you can retake again, but you MUST click on the Red Reset Quiz button before you can take the Quiz again
- Your online course MUST be taken by you, we will randomly call the student to ensure of the identity, if it is found that someone else is taking the course your certificate will be voided
Interaction history of sound and effects on marine mammals
Introduction to law & guidelines & legal role of an MMO worldwide A unit
Introduction to marine mammals & physiology
- MMO4A – Introduction to Marine Mammal Classification – SoS
- MMO4B – Mysticetes – Rorquals, Balaenidae, Neobalaenidae and Eschrichtiidae – SoS
- MMO4C – Odontocetes – SoS
- MMO4D – Pinnipeds – SoS
- MMO4E – Sirenians and Fissipeds – SoS
- MMO4F – Locomotion and Diving – SoS
- MMO4G – Foraging and Migration – SoS
- MMO4H – Communication SoS
- MMO4 – Test SoS
Marine mammal behaviours – introduction
Monitoring methods & techniques
- MMO6 – Introduction Monitoring Methods – SoS
- MMO6A – Monitoring Methods – Tools – SoS
- MMO6B – Estimating Distance – Bearing and GPS – SoS
- MMO6C – Monitoring – Occupational Health and Safety for the MMO – SoS
- MMO6D – Preparation of MMO for Field Observation – SoS
- MMO6E – What cues to look for and units of measure for weather data – SoS
- MMO6 – Monitoring Methods Quiz/Test SoS
- MMO6 – SOL Mathematics Test SoS
Introduction to species’ identification
Observation and data control reporting systems
Animal ID quiz and data collection
Video test (mock practical) and data collection
BOSIET, MIST & offshore requirements