This practical course can only be taken after you have taken one of the Online courses or as part of a facilitated course, you will then be upgraded to a Certificated and Competent course certificate.
Please contact us before purchasing regarding the region you wish to take the practical.
Weather conditions determine location, our preference is always at sea in a vessel, but if weather conditions do not permit the practical will be held on a headland overlooking sea.
You will be required to have your own equipment, without this equipment you can NOT complete this course.
- Laptop – YOU are expected to GIVE a PowerPoint pre-mobilisation presentation to all staff and students and complete a final report in Word format.
- Handheld GPS
- Marine Mammal Field ID book
- Correct health and safety work-wear
What will I learn?
Facilitated instructional research and documentation.
- A quick recap on all of your online tests and a question and answer session
- Ranging tools recap
- Facilitated Legal requirements
- Facilitated Job requirements
- Facilitated Data requirements
- Personal research and documentation
- Equipment loans and instructions
All practical sessions
- Pre-mobilisation presentation
- Question and Answer session
- Health and safety student check
- Student Health testing
- Practical session
- Post practical data entry
- Post practical Full written report